Have you ever felt like everything in you needed to get away somewhere? It’s like your body just won’t rest until you do it. I know that feeling all too well. Back in September, that is what I was going through, and then I got to visit Gulf Shores and (more…)
Christmas and fishing are two of my favorite things. Yep, I’m that guy who probably goes a little over the top to combine the two. My wife even tolerates me decorating our Christmas tree with fishing lures. Some are lures that I still use today while (more…)
Finding the perfect Christmas gift for the anglers in your life can often be a frustrating endeavor. The problem with avid anglers is they often don’t hesitate to run out and purchase the “latest and greatest” fishing lure and spinning reels or whatever. (more…)
The tinsel may still be hanging, but college football’s bowl season is well underway. Just as the holidays brought celebrations and pomp and circumstance, so does bowl season. Plan a last-minute getaway with your favorite football fans and head to the (more…)
If the holidays left you with tired feet and an aching back, consider a trip to Alabama’s beaches for post-holiday rejuvenation. With so many homes to visit, people to see and gifts to wrap, a beach getaway for unwinding sounds like a welcome respite. (more…)
Instead of singing the “12 Days of Christmas,” you could sing the “12 Months of Golf” and live the reason Alabama’s Golf Coast attracts people year-round to improve their swings and enjoy a round of golf. Average yearly temperatures of 68 degrees give (more…)
Snuggled up on the couch, and dreaming of summer vacation at the beaches of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach? If so, why put off to tomorrow what you can do today? Taking a winter beach vacation offers a lot to visitors, including mild temperatures and (more…)
It’s Christmastime all along the Alabama Gulf Coast, and nothing says that more than holiday light displays lining the way to the sugar-white sand beaches of your favorite vacation spot. It’s been a wonderful year in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach as (more…)
Have you made your list and checked it twice? If you still have some last minute shopping to do, we’ve got have some suggestions on how you can hit a hole-in-one with your favorite golfer this holiday season.
• Craft Farms boasts two courses, Cotton Creek and Cypress Bend, each designed by the legendary Arnold Palmer. The golfer on your list will relish the opportunity to be able to step out on the magnificent greens at either of these unique courses. Their golf gift cards, available online, can be used for golf, dining, or at their golf shop.
• How about giving that special someone on your list a golf experience at Alabama’s only beachfront golf resort? Breathtaking views at this spectacular seaside links layout await golfers lucky enough to play at Kiva Dunes. A variety of gift options are available for purchase online.
• With its premiere grass Sea Dwarf Paspalum from tee to green, any golf enthusiast will delight in the quality playing surfaces and green speeds at Lost Key. Gift cards to this championship course may be purchased at the Golf Club. The cards may be used for rounds of golf, at the golf shop, dining in the restaurant or at the Lost Key Marina Ships Store.
• Nestled beside the Bon Secour Wildlife Preserve, Peninsula offers breath taking views of live oaks, cypress and other native natural vegetation. The challenging course provides a playable and enjoyable layout that will please the avid golfer on your list. Gift card purchases can be made online.
• Some of the area’s highest elevations overlooking stunning topography are available at Rock Creek Golf course. The golfer in your life will appreciate the challenging course designed for both amateurs and professionals. Shop on their online store for gift cards to be used for golf, merchandise in the golf shop, or for dining.
• TimberCreek Golf Club near Mobile Bay offers scenic views of spacious, rolling fairways carved from a forest of Dogwoods, Magnolias, and Pines. Surprise your golfer with a TimberCreek Golf Club gift certificate that can be used for merchandise in the golf shop or for world class golf. Gift Certificates may be purchased in the Golf Shop or call 877-621-9900 to make the transaction over the phone.
Santa has just settled down for a long, winter’s nap and that means it’s time to ring in the New Year with spectacular beach views, black-eyed peas, fresh seafood and a New Year’s Day dip in the Gulf of Mexico. Usher in 2015 at the beach and experience (more…)