The Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Sports Commission has scored a winning schedule in 2018, with events still being added to the roster. Check out some of this year’s popular events that sports fans will not want to miss.
- March 12-15: The 2018 Gulf Coast Classic I Softball Tournament slides into Gulf Shores as competing high school teams show why diamonds are a girl’s best friend.
- March 19-22: The 2018 Gulf Coast Classic I Baseball Tournament features Southeastern high school baseball teams hitting the fields of the Gulf Shores Sportsplex to battle it out for the title.
Discover more Gulf Coast Classic Tournaments hitting the Alabama Gulf Coast.
- April 21: The 22nd Annual Mullet Man Triathlon swims, bikes and runs to the Flora-Bama. The post-race party for participants is filled with fabulous food and fun.
- April 25: The 2018 Flora-Bama’s Mullet Swing Golf Classic is a 4-person scramble teeing off at Perdido Bay Golf Club.
- May 4-6: The 2018 NCAA Beach Volleyball Championship features 8 teams digging into the white sand on the public beach in Gulf Shores. Championship play is happening on Sunday, May 6.
- May 24-26: The 2018 NAIA Outdoor Track & Field National Championship will be showcasing the skills of track stars at the Mickey Miller Blackwell Stadium in Gulf Shores.
June and July
- June 16: The 2018 Hot Trot for ARC 5K Run/Walk, held at Bronze sponsor LuLu’s in Gulf Shores, will be held Saturday, June 16, starting at 7:30 a.m.
- June 18-23: The 2018 USSSA Global Sports Baseball World Series 1 is the opening tournament in a series of tournaments in June and July. Catch more USSSA baseball throughout the summer. For additional dates, please visit our website.
- September 1: The 2018 Bloody Mary 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run is happening at Silver sponsor Tacky Jacks in Gulf Shores. The race will begin at 7:30 a.m.