5. The beach is perfect for picnicking. Pick up some sandwiches and ice-cold fruit and head to Orange Beach Waterfront Park. Open year-round, this family-friendly park is located by beautiful Wolf Bay and offers a 400-foot fishing pier with covered pavilions, picnic shelters with grills, restrooms, a paved walking path and parking. Let the kids play and relax.
6. Have you ever wanted to be THAT person who could build the absolute best sand castle? There’s a class for that at Sand Castle University in Gulf Shores. Learn the best tools, tips and tricks to dazzle your friends by creating the ultimate sand castle. Classes are for all ages and skill levels. They come to you!
7. It’s no secret that sunsets on Alabama’s Gulf Coast are spectacular, but what about sunrises? Grab your coffee and start the day by watching the sun emerge from the Gulf of Mexico. It’s truly magical.
8. Stop at a dollar store and buy some kites for the family.
9. Ride the Ferris wheel at The Wharf. Get a bird’s-eye view of the area from high above the trees while enjoying gentle Gulf breezes.
10. Join in the geocaching trend. Geocaching is an outdoor activity in which participants combine technology and adventure to hunt down hidden treasures. Once the container is located, log your visit and you may trade one of the goodies inside for one of your own. Download the app to a smartphone and visit geocaching online to get started.
What other beach bucket list items have you enjoyed? These are only a few suggestions, but they will raise the bar on your beach trip.