Participants will travel through the paved Backcountry Trail and enjoy the beauty of Gulf State Park. Afterward, a post-race party is held for runners and their families to celebrate their victory.
Running can be a challenge under any condition, but thankfully, the gorgeous winding scenery of Alabama's beaches provides an ideal setting for your new race journey.
Whether you run, walk or wheel, there’s no better place to set your pace than the comfortable weather of the Alabama Gulf Coast. Hit the race in stride with our top training tips to get you moving this holiday season.
- Commit. Go ahead and sign your name on the dotted line.
- Ease into your training schedule. Set realistic goals from the start. Don’t burn yourself out.
- Work rest into your training routine to allow your muscles time to repair themselves.
- Train for both endurance and speed.
- Recruit a friend to do it with you.
- Work with a trainer.
- Take deep breaths while you’re training.
- Create a routine with self-massage and stretching.
- Train in intervals.
- Run with a pacer.
Feeling inspired? Learn more about the Coastal Half Marathon and start planning your Thanksgiving trip to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.