Top Half Marathon Training Tips
Run the Beach while you’re in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach with these half marathon training tips.
Ready to get active this winter? You may be ready to take on a challenge like the Run the Beach Half Marathon series on the Alabama Gulf Coast. If so, your next question may be: where do I begin?
Running can be a challenge under any condition, but thankfully, the gorgeous winding scenery of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach provide an ideal setting for your winter foray into running the beach.
Whether you run or not, there’s no better place to set your pace than the balmy winter weather of the Alabama Gulf Coast. Hit the race in stride with our top training tips to get you moving this winter.
- Commit. Go ahead and sign your name on the dotted line.
- Ease into your training schedule. Set realistic goals from the start. Don’t burn yourself out.
- Work rest into your training routine to allow your muscles time to repair themselves.
- Train for both endurance and speed.
- Recruit a friend to do it with you.
- Work with a trainer.
- Take deep breaths while you’re training.
- Create a routine with self-massage and stretching.
- Train in intervals.
- Run with a pacer.
Want more info on the Run the Beach series? Run the Beach is comprised of three half marathon events that take place in November, January and February. You can compete in all three races and receive discounted pricing, awesome swag and some serious medal action.