The Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Sports Commission team is working closely with city officials, facilities and sports event planners regarding the status of upcoming events in response to COVID-19. Beginning Friday, May 22, at 5 p.m., athletic practices and conditioning may resume with six-foot social distancing. On June 15, athletic competitions may resume with social distancing and other COVID-19-related guidelines.
1. The USSSA Global Sports World Series 1 is scheduled to take place at the West Escambia Sports Complex (2020 Bauer Road, Pensacola, FL 32506).
2. World Series 2-6 will be played as scheduled at the Gulf Shores, Orange Beach and Foley Sportsplexes. Parents are encouraged to purchase pre-buy passes at USSSA's online store.
3. USSSA families and fans are encouraged to wash or sanitize hands upon entering and leaving the facility; bring chairs and restrict tent usage to family members only; bring personal drinks and refrain from using team coolers; and practice social distancing.
4. A few facility protocols that will be put in place include:
- Multiple locations for hand washing
- Frequent disinfection of high-touch surfaces and common areas
- Social distancing protocols, including designated spectator seating
- Temporary closure of water fountains and common areas
- Limited service concessions stands
- One-way only entry and exit
5. The Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Sports Commission is excited to welcome teams, families and fans for a great summer of baseball along Alabama's beaches! Go to GSOBsports.com to start planning your sportcation.
|Series 1: June 10 - JUNE 14||Series 2: June 15 - JUNE 19|
|Series 3: June 22 - JUNE 26||Series 4: June 30 - July 4|
|Series 5: July 7 - JULY 11||Series 6: July 22 - JULY 26|
|Frequently Asked Questions|
We are excited to welcome you to the beautiful beaches of the Alabama Gulf Coast. Here at Gulf Shores and Orange Beach there is a lot to see and do when you aren’t on the field. We offer an array of activities, attractions and dining options for you to choose from.
From offshore fishing excursions to an endless amount of outlet and boutique shopping, there is a place for everyone to explore our area during their stay. Our sponsors include a wide variety of activities for all ages to have some fun in the sun during their time in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
Our area also boasts some of the best dining experiences on the Alabama Gulf Coast. Fresh Gulf seafood, live music and waterfront views can be found at many locations in the area. Our restaurant sponsors have great menu options for children as well as activities and events taking place almost every night.
Select from the list above to book your room, see event details and complete your registration. The white-sand beaches and turquoise waters await you.