14 Public Beaches On The Alabama Gulf Coast
Start planning your beach destinations with our help! With 32-miles of white-sand beaches for you to discover, you may need a little guidance on where to begin. We've put together a list of 14 public beaches found along the Alabama Gulf Coast that are readily available for you. Get insight into their locations as well as the amenities that can be found at these respective beaches in Gulf Shores & Orange Beach.
There are no fees for beach access and parking is free (unless otherwise noted) at the public beaches listed below.
- Alabama Point East-A Gulf State Park Beach Area is located 0.3 miles east of Perdido Pass Bridge and offers over 6,000 feet of wide beach in addition to sand dunes, boardwalks, picnic areas, restrooms and outdoor showers.
- Cotton Bayou is located at the intersection of Highway 182 and Highway 161 between some of the area’s most popular condominiums. There are restrooms and showers on site.
- Romar Beach-A Gulf State Park Beach Area is located 6.8 miles east of Highway 59 and has a limited amount of free parking (no facilities).
- The Gulf State Park Pavilion Area is located six miles east of Highway 59 and offers a new beach pavilion with air-conditioned restrooms, private showers, a snack bar, shady spots to sit and eat, plus a large fireplace for chilly days. There is a $6 fee to park all day ($12 for large vans).
- Gulf Place (Gulf Shores Main Public Beach) is located where highway 59 dead-ends. There are beach attendants, three open-air pavilions, a picnic area, plus restrooms and showers onsite. Parking is $5 for up to four hours or $10 for all day between March 1 and November 30. Arrive early to get a prime spot in this popular hangout.
- Gulf Shores 2nd Street Public Beach is just two blocks west of Highway 59. Facilities include a handicapped-accessible restroom, outdoor shower and a covered pavilion with picnic tables.
- Gulf Shores 4th Street Public Beach offers only pedestrian crossing beach access, perfect for those staying at nearby properties.
- Gulf Shores 5th Street Public Beach is located five blocks west of Highway 59 with parking on the north side where the boardwalk leads to the beach. Also, parking is available on the south side beside Bahama Bob’s.
- Gulf Shores 6th Street Public Beach is located six block west of Highway 59 and you can walk the boardwalk to the beach. An outdoor shower is available as well as a handicapped-accessible restroom.
- Gulf Shores 10th Street Public Beach offers beach access only with parking across the street. Restrooms and showers are available.
- Gulf Shores 12th Street Public Beach offers beach access but no parking. Restrooms and showers are available.
- Gulf Shores 13th Street Public Beach has street-side parking with a dune walkover. Shower and restrooms are available.
- Lagoon Pass Beach is 2.9 miles west of Highway 59 with restrooms, outdoor shower and a water fountain onsite. Parking is $5 for up to four hours or $10 for all day and is located on the northeast side of the Lee Callaway Bridge.
- Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge Beach is located at 12295 State Highway 180 (Fort Morgan Road) in Gulf Shores. You can park along Mobile Street for easy beach access. It is a wildlife refuge and therefore there are no facilities, but please note that the Refuge Office is located nearby.
Need more activity fueled fun while you're visiting the Alabama Gulf Coast? Check out this extensive list of things to do in Gulf Shores & Orange Beach to help fill up your itinerary while you're visiting.