Oysters, Live Music, Rare Spirits and Celebrity Chefs!
This signature seafood & music event at The Hangout serves 100,000 oysters in one day to guests from all over the country, and it is bigger and better than ever for 2019. Friday, November 1st and Saturday, November 2nd, over 10,000 people will arrive at the beach in Gulf Shores for an unforgettable weekend. Walk the beach, drink rare spirits and craft beers, listen to live music, and meet some of the most celebrated chefs in the country.
Oysters & Spirits Abound
Hosted by Alabamas OwnFood Network Star Martie Duncan
Celebrity Chef Line Up includes Fan Favorites such as
- Michael Symon (Iron Chef, The Crew, BBQ Brawl)
- Chris Lilly (5x Memphis in May winner, BBQ Brawl)
- Martie Duncan (Food Network Star)
- James Briscione (Food Network, Chopped)
- Aarti Sequeira (Guy’s Grocery Games, Season 6 Winner of Food Network Star)
- Carl Ruiz (Guy's Grocery Games)
- Justin Warner (Food Network Star)
Craft Spirits & Beer Kick-Off Party
The Friday night Kick-Off Party will be one to remember: Sample some of the rarest spirits and best craft beers to ever reach the Gulf Coast while Crawford and Power plays live on the MainStage!
Pair bourbons with high-end barbecue, sample rums with Caribbean style dishes and taste rare tequilas with succulent Mexican cuisines.
There will be a craft beer village featuring gourmet grilled food pairings and The high-end bbq activation will be curated by Chris Lilly and four world-renowned pitmasters, using their own recipes!”
Saturday Oyster Cook-Off Festivities
- Experience hands-on demos lead by renowned celebrity chefs! Incredible musical talent featuring Caroline Jones, Jimmy Hall of Jeff Beck and Wet Willy fame, and Boy Named Banjo!
- Head-to-Head Shucking competition from your favorite restaurants
- Personal book-signings by your favorite Food Stars
- Join the Big Green Egg gathering of 'eggheads' Sample a variety of boutique oysters from oyster farms around the United States
- Chef Competitions for the best served oysters!