Website Privacy Statement
Information gathered will be used by the Alabama Gulf Coast CVB. The Alabama Gulf Coast Convention and Visitors Bureau ("AGCCVB"), doing business as Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Tourism, recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of all information provided by users of gulfshores.com and our related Web sites. We created the following guidelines with a fundamental respect for our users' right to privacy to guide our relationships with our users. We reserve the right to change and update our privacy statement as needed. Any changes will be posted on this site.
AGCCVB is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of Web sites to which it may provide links or the Web sites of its advertisers or clients.
AGCCVB uses reasonable precautions to keep the personal information disclosed to us secure and to disclose such information only to responsible third parties after permission from the user.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site or your dealings with AGCCVB, please feel free to Contact Us.
Information Collected by AGCCVB
Our web pages may contain electronic images (called "single-pixel GIFs" or "web beacons") that allow us and our vendors to count users who have visited particular pages or to access certain cookies. We may use these tools and other technologies to recognize which pages users visit, and which links they click on. These features may also be included in our email newsletters so that we can learn which messages have been opened and acted upon.
Use of Information
Information will not be sold or distributed to outside third parties. AGCCVB will not reveal email addresses that users provide to us to any third party without their permission. Users may indicate they do wish to receive email from AGCCVB area partners (i.e., attractions, restaurants, hotels and rental management companies).
AGCCVB does periodically survey e-newsletter subscribers on issues that will help us in market research and planning. These surveys may come from a firm employed by AGCCVB to conduct research on our behalf. That firm does not retain information from our database, but uses e-mail addresses on a one-time-only basis on behalf of the AGCCVB.
Using e-mail addresses provided at registration or otherwise, AGCCVB periodically sends out promotional e-mail to our users about services and products offered by AGCCVB. Users can indicate that they do not wish to receive e-mail information from AGCCVB. Third parties will not contact our users through the use of our e-mail lists.
The AGCCVB utilizes users' IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site. We also use it to gather broad demographic information about our users in general. This information does not contain anything that can identify users personally.
Upon request, AGCCVB will remove users (and their information) from our database or permit them to "opt-out" of any further e-mail or contact. You can also opt-out of all partner cookies.
Social Content Policy -
In consideration for the Alabama Gulf Coast Convention and Visitors Bureau ("AGCCVB"), doing business as Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Tourism (“GSOBT” or “we” “our”, or “us”), permitting any and all users (“you” or “Participant”) to create, upload, display, publish and/or submit their messages, text, posts, Tweets, images, photos, comments, music, videos or other content (collectively, “User Content”) featuring GSOBT visual/digital assets or otherwise mentioning GSOBT or related visual/digital assets, you agree to these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) of the GSOBT Social Aggregation Tool #ALBeachesYes User Content Submission Program. When you grant permission to GSOBT to use your User Content by interacting with the GSOBT aggregation tool (the “Application”) on social media platforms, including, without limitation, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and/or through utilization of the ‘approval’ hashtag #ALBeachesYes, you are entering into a binding agreement with GSOBT on the terms set forth below:
- Prohibited User Content: As a Participant, you shall not submit any User Content that:
- is known by you to be false, deceptive, inaccurate, misleading or deceitful;
- infringes, encourages or depicts the infringement of another party’s rights, including, without limitation, any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- violates, encourages or depicts the violation of any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising) or that encourages or depicts conduct that constitutes a criminal offense or may result in civil liability;
- is, or may reasonably be considered to be abusive, defamatory, libelous, indecent, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, slanderous, indecent, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to GSOBT or any third party in any way; or that encourages anyone to break any local, state, national or international law;
- is or contains advertising, promotional material or promotes a product, service or other commercial activity (other than GSOBT), including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation;
- includes, demonstrates or encourages the misuse of a product or a hazardous situation;
- impersonates or attempts to impersonate GSOBT or any of its employees, another user, or person or entity (including, without limitation, the use of e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing);
- includes any information that references other websites or personally identifiable information (e.g., first and last name, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers);
- contains any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, bots, Trojan horses, spyware or other potentially damaging malware, technologies, computer programs or files or malicious code that could impact the operation of the Application or any computer or other device;
- includes the submission of an idea or suggestions of new products;
- sells a product or service of any type, including advertisements of any kind, including competitor advertisements, item sale, solicitation, or self-promotion;
- has been posted by anyone under the age of 13;
- is off-topic or irrelevant;
- is unintelligible; or
- is otherwise objectionable or inappropriate.
If you submit User Content that GSOBT believes violates these Terms, then we reserve the right, but have no obligation, to take any legally available action that we deem appropriate, in our sole discretion, including, without limitation, editing, removing, deleting, taking down or otherwise erasing your User Content, at any time, without notice for any reason whatsoever. However, we are not obligated to take any action not required by law. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any Participant. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Please exercise common sense and your best judgment in your interactions with others (e.g., when you submit any personal or other information) and in all of your other online activities. For purposes of certainty, other than Participant’s own User Content, Participant may not make any commercial, or any other, use of User Content submitted without GSOBT’s prior written approval. GSOBT reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to remove without notice, or refuse to post in the first instance, any User Content.
Maintain Appropriate Rights in Your User Content: With respect to all User Content that you submit to us, you represent and warrant that the material is either fully original to you or that you have all the necessary rights, licenses, permissions, clearances and consents needed from third parties in order for you to submit your User Content (including, but not limited to, all copyright and right of publicity and privacy rights) for you to comply with the