Raise your glass and toast a weekend of wine and coastal fare at the annual Wharf Uncorked Wine & Culinary Event. Whether you’re a wine connoisseur, foodie or a newbie in the wine world, this is an Orange Beach event you don’t want to miss. The 2017 festival will be Sept. 14-16 and we’ve got five reasons you can’t miss it.
- There will be more than 150 labels on hand for sampling. When you find one you can’t live without, you can even purchase it onsite. Oh, and we can’t forget the wine auction, too! The Grand Tasting will take place on Saturday, Sept. 16 from noon to 4 p.m. on Main Street at The Wharf.
- Top chefs will prepare tastings of their signature dishes at Gulf Shores and Orange Beach restaurants. You’ll be able to sample their unique creations during the Grand Tasting. In fact, you get to vote for your favorite bites. This year’s Grand Tasting champion will earn an automatic Elite Qualifier for the World Food Championships Nov. 10-12, also at The Wharf.
- The entire delish weekend gets a jumpstart with the VIP Kickoff and Chef Showdown on Thursday, Sept. 14 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Get a front-row seat as award-winning Chef Brody Olive takes on two local chefs in a battle of culinary perfection. Olive is the reigning champion and will be defending his title. You’ll also be treated to an open bar with a signature cocktail, an auction preview, and high-end wine tastings and food samplings.
- Live music from local talents tops off the 2017 Wharf Uncorked Wine & Culinary Event. Move and groove to live bands during the Grand Tasting. You’ll also be entertained and educated by cooking demonstrations.
- As if the Gulf Shores and Orange Beach wine weekend wasn’t enough, you’re at the beach! With the Alabama Gulf Coast’s mild fall weather, you’re in for a real treat. The temperatures are perfect for fun in the sun when you’re not sampling the tantalizing wine and cuisine at The Wharf. Browse around now for the best rates on your Gulf Shores beach house or Orange Beach condo for the food and wine weekend.
Tickets are available online and start at $50 each with early bird pricing for the Grand Tasting. VIP Kickoff and Chef Showdown tickets start at $65.