Since Facebook Live hit the internet in 2015, livestreaming has become one of the most popular marketing tools used today. In fact, according to AdAge, the number of videos published by U.S. users has increased 94% annually. Facebook video gets more than 8 billion views each day and 44% of marketers plan to spend money on promoted video content in 2018. What have marketers learned during this time? Video and livestreaming are powerful tools that can personalize your brand and increase conversions.
Livestream video gained so much popularity among consumers and marketers that Instagram rolled out the feature in December 2016. Today, the feature is one of the top ways to garner engagement, create personal connections between brands and consumers, and keep consumers tuned in to a brand’s latest news.
Meeting planners and associations can put this powerful tool to use to market their events at all stages, including pre-event, during and post-event.
Pre-Event Livestream Marketing
- Q & A with speakers. Viewers can ask questions via commenting.
- Give attendees a voice and query them on topics and activities they’d like to see at your event.
- Showcase the destination. If your event is in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, shoot a live video on the beach.
This is your opportunity to show those who couldn’t attend just what they are missing out on. It also provides attendees a resource to refer back to.
- Keynote speaker and other hot-topic speakers
- Team-building activities
- Awards ceremonies
- Recap with your attendees and ask for their feedback via commenting.
- Offer a sneak peek of your next event. This is especially effective if you broadcast from the event’s destination.
What tips do you have for those using livestreaming on Facebook or Instagram? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
For information on hosting your next event or meeting in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, contact our sales team.