5 Quirky, Must-Visit Places in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach
These fun-loving spots provide experiences you won’t want to miss.
As you might expect, there are countless ways to spend your off-field time along the Alabama Gulf Coast. But the not-so-typical places of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are sure to create even more fun during a memorable visit.
There is only ONE RULE here: Bring a camera because you won’t want to pass up these selfie moments.
1. Cool Shots Selfie Museum is a selfie-lover’s dream spot located in The Wharf at Orange Beach. Choose from more than 50 backdrops perfect for your Instagram, TikTok and Facebook footage. They are group friendly and, even better, pets ARE allowed!
2. At the Gulf State Park you can get up close and personal to some interesting nature. See if you can find Lefty the three-legged alligator that lives along the dunes inside the park. If you see him, keep a safe selfie-taking distance.
3. Channel your inner lumberjack at Civil Axe Throwing located in The Wharf at Orange Beach. Ready to “cut” loose and let your inner axes fly? Axe throwing is a challenging and active group-friendly adventure. Break into teams and see who can hit the bullseye first.
4. The Gulf Restaurant is a configuration of repurposed shipping containers that creates a funky waterside restaurant complete with a taco bar and fresh seafood. Enjoy a beach atmosphere of surfboard décor and cabanas. Choose to dine at a picnic table, on the lawn, or with your toes in the sand. This outdoor dining experience is group friendly and a wonderful place to kick back and relax near the water.
5. Get ready to hang out at The Hangout, a popular beach restaurant destination. With 2.5 acres to explore, this family-friendly restaurant offers live music, foam parties and endless places to hang out. When it’s time to burn off some energy, dance with the servers inside or to the band outside! During the summer months come early for their special Pirates and Princesses Breakfast. You are sure to have an ARRRRguably awesome time.
Kick the norm to the side at these unique places during your group’s visit to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach and you’ll quickly see why these popular places are sure to score high with your team.