Lunching for Less
Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Sports Commission
Eating and playing on the Alabama Gulf Coast don’t have to break the bank. A little preparation and planning go a long way towards making your trip affordable even if you’re on a budget. Away games can be expensive when you start to factor in travel costs, tournament fees, eating out and additional recreation.
Lunch is one of the best times to enjoy meals out on a serious budget while in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. If you’re into lunching for less, or lunching a lot more, for less, we’ve got you covered. Here are some of the awesome dishes our Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Sports Commission Sponsors are all currently offering for under $10!
- Ginny Lane Bar and Grill at The Wharf in Orange Beach has excellent lunch specials for $9, such as shrimp scampi, fried shrimp and red beans and rice.
- DeSoto’s Seafood Kitchen in Gulf Shores has several lunch plates served with two sides for only $8.25, including fried shrimp, broiled flounder, hamburger steak and fried catfish. Yum!
- Luna’s Eat and Drink in Orange Beach on Canal Road has their Meat and Three special for only $9 between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. daily, that consists of three Southern sides and your pick of seven different main dishes.
- Doc’s Seafood Shack & Oyster Bar has their Blue Plate Lunch Specials daily from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. that include beverage and dessert for only $9.59. The specials change depending on the day of the week, and they always offer a good selection to choose from.
- GT’s on the Bay in Orange Beach serves several lunch items with a side for only $10, like the fish or shrimp po'boy, the smoked pork sandwich and the pork tacos.
- You can try John’s World Famous Shrimp Sandwich at the Flora Bama Ole River Grille for only $9 all day long. Picture this — a sesame seed bun piled high with fried wild American shrimp served with house-made tartar sauce.
- Bar 45 at One Club in Gulf Shores also offers deals all day on a few things, including shrimp sandwiches, burgers and patty melts for $8 or less.
- At Moe’s Original Bar B Que, in both Orange Beach and Foley, you can get a pulled pork, sausage or chicken platter all day, for only $9.50. It’s served with cornbread, two sides and a drink, and they often have some great live music planned for you, too.
Considering dining in? One of the great things about lodging in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach is full kitchens come standard with many condos, beach houses and some hotels. You’ll want to check the description of your unit and take that factor into account when planning your trip.
Whether you eat out just once or twice or plan to do it as often as you can while you’re here, lunching (or grabbing to-go items) with our sponsors should help you stretch your budget.
If you do have a kitchen, schedule a quick trip to the grocery store for meals and snacks once you arrive. This is the most efficient way to stretch your dollars and keep the team fed. Rouses Market is a full-sized supermarket with locations in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. They buy local produce and meats and often hold cooking demonstrations in the store. Additionally, Rouses has salad and hot bars, plus a refrigerated section for prepared foods on the go, and trust us, if they’re cooking crawfish while you’re there, you’ll want to snag a few pounds for a snack later.
Whether you eat out just once or twice or plan to do it as often as you can while you’re here, lunching (or grabbing to-go items) with our sponsors should help you stretch your budget. We’re thankful for the opportunity to welcome you to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach and hope you can keep planning your sports trips here for many years to come!