Resources & Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated: April 8, 2021, 11:00 AM
Like you, we are continually monitoring the impact of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) across the country and within our destination. In the interest of public health, our cities are working closely with the authorities to ensure our citizens' and guests' well-being.
We ask that you adhere to your home state’s guidelines, especially regarding stay-at-home orders.
On April 7, Governor Kay Ivey announced the State of Alabama will move to new Safer Apart guidelines beginning Friday, April 9 at 5:00 p.m., and the new guidelines will remain in effect through Friday, May 5 (when updated guidelines will be released).
Recommendations for individuals.
All individuals, and especially vulnerable persons, are encouraged to exercise personal responsibility in slowing the spread of COVID-19 by:
- Maintaining six feet of separation from persons of different households
- Wearing a mask or other facial covering at all times when within six feet of a person from another household
- Staying home if sick
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water or hand sanitizer, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces
- Refraining from touching one’s face
- Sneezing or coughing into a tissue, or the inside of one’s elbow
- Disinfecting frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible
View the official health order in its entirety here.
Gulf Shores | Orange Beach Sports & Events is working closely with city officials, facilities and sports event planners in response to COVID-19. Because each event’s organizers and governing bodies have different safety requirements, we suggest you contact the event planner directly with questions or concerns regarding safety protocols.
Conferences & Meetings
Gulf Shores & Orange Beach sales team is available and ready to work with planners to ensure they have the resources needed for future meeting planning or rescheduling a planned event. You may contact your hotel or meeting facility directly with any questions or concerns regarding cancellations and postponements resulting from COVID-19 outbreak.