Explore Three Historic Forts near Gulf Shores, Orange Beach
Do you think you have to be a history lover to enjoy a day (or two or three) exploring military forts along the Alabama Gulf Coast? Think again.
December 1, 2020
If you’re any of these folks, exploring a fort will be the perfect way to spend the day.
- Photogs. Photographers will be in their element at one of the Gulf Coast’s military forts. The forts are filled with centuries-old ruins and artifacts, both of which make great photo ops.
- Kids. Their imaginations can run wild as they run from canon to canon or interact with guides in period clothing.
- Homeschool families. This one is really a given, but why not combine a beach vacation with a history lesson?
- Outdoor lovers. Take in the fresh air while walking the barracks at Fort Morgan or one of the other historic installations in the area.
- Nature lovers. Did you know Fort Morgan and Fort Gaines are actually great spots for birdwatching? Hundreds of species of birds stop over during their spring and fall migrations.