3 Milestone Birthdays That Are Better at The Beach
It’s a good day when it’s your birthday. And, every day is a good day at the beach!
Put them together and what have you got? The perfect recipe for a birthday that’s off the (age) charts.
Although every birthday is special, some have a bit of extra meaning, like becoming double-digits at 10 or getting your license at 16. These are known as milestone birthdays, and they’re the perfect excuse to get a little extra in your birthday plans by throwing the ultimate beach bash! Plus, with a setting as party-perfect as the white sands of Alabama’s beaches, you won’t need to spend money on party decorations. Check out these three milestone birthdays that are just better at the beach - and how to celebrate them in the beach style you deserve.
We’re including all teens because let’s face it - every birthday is a big deal when you’re a teenager. You’re growing up, finding yourself and gaining some freedom, but you still don’t have to foot the bill. Actually, can we go back?
It’s no secret that teenagers are hard to please, especially when it comes to something as crucial as the perfect party. But a beachside birthday is a guaranteed way to score major cool points, and there are plenty of fun ways to celebrate every teen birthday in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach! With fun attractions, miles of sugar-white sand, and unique beachfront hangouts, your teen is sure to feel like the life of the party on their big day. Snag that Parent of The Year award with these great teen beach birthday ideas.
- For tweens, The Hangout is a fun, go-to choice for a great birthday celebration. The restaurant includes a spacious entertainment area that features hourly foam parties, limbo contests, live music, and more. Plus, there’s enough space for them to spread out and feel independent, but things are close enough that they won’t be out of sight.
- The Track Recreation Center is the perfect place to spend an action-packed afternoon on go-carts and bumper boats. They’ll love challenging their friends to a race - and you’ll love that they’re prepping for that upcoming driving test (or at least learning what not to do). Or make your way to Wahoo Water Sports to rent jet-skis for a thrilling day testing your skills on the waves.
- Grab a birthday treat as monumental as their big day at The Yard Milkshake Bar. Their specialty shakes and edible cookie doughs are almost too pretty to eat and are topped with donuts, brownies, cake slices, and more to become entire meals in themselves! Plus, each comes with a souvenir mason jar to remember the day.
Have more time to celebrate? Follow our Teen Beach Birthday Bash Itinerary to turn your teen’s beach bash into a 3-day birthday event!
Twenty-one is one of the biggest milestones of your life. You can buy alcohol, walk onto a casino floor, and you get a big discount on your car insurance. To make the most of such a noteworthy day, you’ve got to celebrate it in style - and there’s no place better than at the beach. With your toes in the sand, your friends at your side, and a cool cocktail in hand, you’ll wish every day was your birthday (and hey - we’re here all year long). Here are some ways to turn up and beach out for the ultimate 21st bash.
- Experience a whole way of looking at “whiskey” with a fun dive at The Whiskey Wreck! This popular diving spot showcases a wrecked Spanish Rum-Runner about 100 feet from the shore. Its shallow depth makes it perfect for shore dives or snorkelers, and it's just a few feet from Bahama Bob’s Beachshore Cafe for an after-dive meal on the beach.
- Head over to Big Beach Brewing Company to sample some of the area’s best craft beers while you groove to some live tunes. Hang in the comfy open-air taproom or lounge outside in the sun as you try one of 12 taps pouring up the best brews daily. They don’t serve food, but you can bring your own or have it delivered.
- In history, turning 21 became an important birthday because that’s when men could become knights. We don’t have ogres, but we do have plenty of Moby Dick-sized fish to take on! Book a deep-sea charter for an afternoon full of bragging rights and birthday fun.
- For you low-key planners, an entire 21st celebration can be had at the famous Flora-Bama. Bounce between the Yacht Club and The Lounge & Oyster Bar for beaches and games, daily live music, and a cocktail (bushwhacker, anyone?). At night, let the band know it’s your big day to get called on stage and enjoy a free birthday shot!
Don’t want the fun to end? Check out our 21 and Older Beach Birthday Itinerary for ways to celebrate all weekend long.
You’ve worked hard to get over the hill, and now it’s time for a relaxing break on the Gulf Coast’s sandy shores. Whether you’re looking to break from the business of life, reconnect with some old pals, or just spend a day celebrating you, you’ll find plenty to do for every birthday style on the beach! Grab your best prime-time pals and try one (or all) of these great 40th birthday beach ideas!
- Get back that youthful glow with a relaxing spa sesh at Serenity at the Beach. This Aveda salon and spa offers a wide range of massages, facials, and body treatments in a calm, serene environment. You’ll leave feeling refreshed, relaxed, and 10 years younger!
- Who says thrills are for the kids? Show off your wild side on an exhilarating helicopter ride with Lost Bay Helicopters. It’s the same stunning beach you’ve always loved, seen from a whole new angle. If you’re feeling feisty at 40, take the controls for a daring hover lesson!
- When you’re feeling thirsty, grab a specialty cocktail at GTs On The Bay! For the ladies, we love the Mom-osa, a fun play on the traditional mimosa that adds Smirnoff PassionFruit Vodka for an extra tang. For the gents, you can’t go wrong with a traditional Moscow Mule. Plus, the bayfront views from their outdoor deck provide the perfect setting for reveling in a day that’s all about you.
- Of course, you should also spend plenty of time lounging on the sand. Choose one of our gorgeous beaches to kick back with that book you’ve been wanting to read or take a sun-soaked afternoon nap.
Want even more fabulous 40 birthday ideas? We’ve got them on our Fantastic 40 Beach Birthday Itinerary!