Are you planning a trip to Alabama’s beaches and ready to pack your clubs in search of a golfing paradise? Look no further than Kiva Dunes Resort in Fort Morgan. This breathtaking links-style property offers golfers of all standards the opportunity to showcase their skills and experience a course that epitomizes everything there is to love about golf along this stretch of Alabama coastline.
When former U.S. Open champion Jerry Pate and local property developer Jim Edgemon designed this layout, they meticulously used the existing landscape and created an immersive golfing experience that will aesthetically appeal to every golfer who walks the fairways.
Accommodations include beach houses and condos, both of which offer unique lodging unlike anywhere else in the area. The luxury beach homes will undoubtedly make this a vacation to remember, and with varying sizes to accommodate couples looking for a romantic getaway, to large families and friends getting together for a holiday, there is an option for every traveler. For those who prefer condos, those views overlooking the greens may be the inspiration to opt for this option. Kiva Lodge and Kiva Village I and II offer idyllic beach escapes for couples, friends, and families. Both sets of accommodation options provide convenient access to all amenities within the resort.
With an abundance of amenities available, Kiva Dunes really has everything you need to enjoy an all-inclusive style getaway. The Kiva Beach Club offers exclusive access for guests to enjoy a zero-entry pool and hot tub, 3,000 feet of private beach access, yoga classes, and beach-side food and beverage service. Located inside Kiva Lodge, Kiva Grill serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner options for those staying on-site.
If you are playing from the back tees, a tee shot of 215 yards across the water is required, and this will test even the best golfers. The inherent beauty of the 17th is what makes it such a spectacular experience, with wildlife frequently appearing here and this being a hole that can make or break your round. Dependent on your standard, whether you are looking to break 70, 80, 90, or 100, a bogey or better on the 17th will go a long way to achieving a good round at Kiva Dunes.
The 18th hole is hardly an easy finishing hole, as two accurate shots will still leave you faced with the daunting prospect of an enormous green with onlookers from the
5 Tips for Visiting Kiva Dunes
If you are planning a trip to the Gulf Coast, head over to Kiva Dunes for the ultimate golfing experience and follow these insider tips:
- Take advantage of Kiva Dunes’ dynamic tee-time pricing strategy by researching the best times to play – you can pick up a bargain green fee if you book early!
- Arrive early prior to your tee time to enjoy high-quality practice facilities that will prepare you for the opening tee shot. A driving range, well-manicured putting green and practice chipping area are all available before you hit the links.
- Visiting the Gulf without your clubs? Don’t worry; either have your own clubs shipped via Ship Sticks service directly to Kiva Dunes or rent a set from the pro shop
- Ready to learn from the best? Book a private lesson with the on-site PGA golf instructor, Rea Schuessler, who will give you plenty of tips to help improve your game before taking all this knowledge on the course.
- Don’t forget to head to Kiva Grill for a classic southern breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Discover more incredible golf courses along the Alabama Gulf Coast and book a place to stay today!