If you ask a local their favorite season on the Alabama Gulf Coast, fall will likely win the vote. When you’re planning your next beach vacation, take note of these nine fun ways to spend your time in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. And, remember, this list is only the beginning!
1. You won’t go hungry on Alabama’s beaches. Plan your trip during a foodie festival for the best in beach eats. Don’t miss the 2021 Sweetest Chefs event. Whoa! That’s a whole lot of food!
2. When you’ve got song in your soul, you can’t miss the Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival held Nov. 4-14 throughout the Gulf coast.
3. Whether you’re new to bird watching or are a seasoned pro, the Annual John L. Borom Alabama Coastal BirdFest highlights the fall migration and is Oct. 6-9.
4. The high-flying precision flight team, the Blue Angels, practice most Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at nearby NAS Pensacola. It’s a sight to see and one not to be missed!
5. We’re more than white-sand beaches. Go off the beaten path and bike the Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trails. It’s a peaceful spot for walking, talking and enjoying nature. You may even spy lefty the alligator in the waters along the trail!