How to Pack Light for a Beach Vacation
Packing probably doesn’t rank high on the vacation fun list.
June 3, 2019
Beach vacations are a lot more fun when you don’t have to lug excessive luggage and gear around. If you’re wondering how to lighten your load for your next Gulf Shores and Orange Beach vacation, we have a few tips that may help.
- Pack clothes that play double duty. You’re at the beach, so bring light and airy fabrics that don’t take up a lot of space. Pack items that can double for souvenir shopping and dinner out by adding a few accessories. The bottom line is you’re at the beach and the beach is casual!
- Travel-size toiletries. Save room and leave the big stuff at home. This will also help with unpacking when you return home. Chances are, you’ll use up your travel-size items just before you return home.
- Leave the hair dryer, but first check with your rental management company. Some Gulf Shores condos and Orange Beach hotels provide hair dryers in the rental units.
- Inquire with your rental management company about beach chair and umbrella rentals during your stay. Rentals are available in front of many condos throughout Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
- Leave the kayaks, paddleboards and bikes at home. You’ll find rentals available throughout the beach area. Most companies will deliver equipment to your location and retrieve it when you depart.
- If you’re traveling with babies or toddlers who need a crib, no worries. You can pre-arrange rentals for cribs, strollers and other gear.
- Shop for groceries after your arrival. Avoid loading coolers or squishing bread by shopping after you’ve arrived at your beach condo or beach house. You can also pre-arrange grocery delivery through specialty rentals and concierge services.
A beach vacation calls for rest and relaxation, so pack light and don’t sweat the small stuff. If you forget something, you have plenty of options in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach for shopping.