ANNUAL SUPER CHILI BOWL COOK-OFF
Some 25 teams will vie for the coveted title of Best Chili when they start cookin up their secret ingredients under the Tent at the iconic Flora-Bama. A $20 donation to the American Cancer Society allows you unlimited sampling of chili along with a free draft beer. Last year over $15,000 was raised for the Societys efforts to eliminate cancer.
Coming to cook?
Three-man teams can register to compete!
Cost: $25 per team (includes 3 shirts, 1 apron, & draft beer tickets)
- Make a minimum of 5 gallons of chili at noon.
- Team to supply all cooking utensils, pots, burners, and ingredients
- Must be willing to eat your own chili
- Must be at least 21 years of age to participate
- No outside alcoholic beverages
The tent opens at 10am for viewing to customers. Sampling opens at noon. Blind judging also begins
at noon. Winners are announced at 2pm.
- 1st Place - Perpetual Trophy and $100.00 Cash
- People's Choice - Perpetual Trophy and $99.00 Cash
- 2nd Place - Ribbon and $75.00 Cash
- 3rd Place - Ribbon and $50.00 Cash
- Best Decorated Booth
Coming to eat?
For $20 per person, each guest will enjoy unlimited chili samples, one free beer or non-alcoholic beverage and one Peoples Choice ticket to give to the team of your choice. Pay at the door, get your hand stamped, then sample away! Try any and every chili you desire and vote by putting your ticket in the booth you deem best. 100% of ticket sales from the public will support American Cancer Society. Additional Peoples Choice tickets can be purchased for $1.
Teams can set up at 8am and cooking begins at 10am, after each teams ingredients have been inspected for food safety and fairness. Live music kicks off the party at 11am with Jason Justice and The Hung Jury, while the publics chili sampling starts at noon. The tasting will continue until 3pm, so stick around for the awards ceremony to see who wins the Peoples Choice, Judges Taste, and the Best Decorated Booth award.