Gulf Shores & Orange Beach
Trying to plan the perfect getaway during winter months? Look no further than Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. On Alabama’s Gulf Coast, the winters are mild, skies are blue, and snowbirds flock to escape winter's freezing blasts. If you are looking for a winter vacation spot, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are consistently regarded among the best snowbird destinations.
Snowbirds Are Always Welcome
Winter is a special time on Alabama's Gulf Coast, as snowbirds aren’t just tourists here. They are a part of our community, welcomed with open arms. With winter temperatures averaging in the 60's, you won’t find any snow, ice, or rain. You will find plenty of sugar-white sand beach, blue skies, mild temperatures, and turquoise Gulf waters serving as the perfect getaway from the cold.
Stay Active, Relax or Both
While everyone back north has hunkered down for the winter, our snowbirds find plenty of relaxation under the sun and a world of activities to explore. Top reasons we're such a revered winter destination include:
Events & Festivals - You’ll find that our Gulf Coast Calendar of Events is full throughout the year. Join in the festivities that include music, concerts, culinary festivals, arts and crafts shows, sporting events, nature, history tours and more.
- Fishing Charters - Considered one of the premier fishing destinations in the world, the Alabama Gulf Coast offers superb coastal and blue water fishing of all types.
- Golf - Fifteen magnificent courses (including some designed by Arnold Palmer, Jerry Pate and Earl Stone) make Gulf Shores and Orange Beach a wintertime golfer's paradise.
- Hiking - Surrounded by abundant natural beauty, you may be drawn to explore the many local parks and wildlife preserves during your winter trip.
- History & Museums - Discover Alabama’s Gulf Coast history, which includes not only Civil War and colonial history, but also earlier Native American periods as well.
- Voluntourism - If the beauty, warmth, and friendship of the Alabama Gulf Coast inspire you to make the area even better, the Voluntourism program will be happy to welcome you into its ranks.
Social Life and Lasting Friendships
For our snowbirds, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are a winter home away from home. It's a place to build lasting friendships that continue to blossom with each passing year. Join one of the state clubs
and other organizations sponsored each year by snowbirds. You’ll find that your social life here can be as vibrant and full (or as laid back) as you choose.
Snowbird Vacation Packages & Rentals
Gulf Shores winter vacation packages
offer deals for extended stays when you visit during the winter. If you're a snowbird visiting the Gulf Coast, you won’t have to leave the blue skies and warm temperatures until you are ready. Gulf Coast lodging choices
include resorts and hotels
, beach house rentals
, and beach condos
. If you are an RVer, you’ll find many beautiful campgrounds and RV parks
offering full-service amenities.
If you are a pet-owner, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach have plenty of pet-friendly hotels
and lodging options! Just check your accommodation requirements and make the necessary arrangements to have your trusted companion join you on your getaway. Whatever your rental needs are this winter, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach have you covered.
Find Your Winter Home Away From Home
With all the outdoor activities and pleasant sunny beach weather year-round, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach will check all the boxes when it comes to your winter vacation necessities. Let your next snowbird travel destination provide peace and relaxation as you walk the white sand beaches and catch the sunset over turquoise Gulf waters. Request a vacation guide
and start planning your snowbird vacation today!