Hit the Beach for Labor Day 2013
Are you ready for the last big, beach bash of the season? Labor Day weekend is almost here, and there's still time to make plans to beat the heat in Gulf Shores & Orange Beach.
There will be plenty to do, from adrenaline-pumping activities to relaxing
beachcombing; you can do as much – or as little – as you want.
- Run off those fried shrimp at the 2013 Labor Day 5k and Fun Run on Aug. 31 at Tacky Jacks in Gulf Shores.
- Celebrate the Labor Day holiday on Sept. 1 at The Wharf's End of Summer Blowout with live music, fireworks and the Spectra light show.
- Get your adrenaline pumping and your heart racing on the Hummingbird Zipline course at the Gulf Adventure Center. It's one of the few places you can soar over a freshwater lake with views of the Gulf.
- Take a quiet hike in the Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trail in Orange Beach.
- Ride the Wild Woody at The Track in Gulf Shores.
There's still time to book your beach vacation rental and spend the last big weekend of the year in Gulf Shores & Orange Beach. Get in on Hot Deals on lodging and be sure to check the calendar for the latest Labor Day events and activities.