Top 10 Reasons to Escape for a Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Couple's Getaway
Spark some romance with your sweetheart with a couple's weekend getaway on the Alabama Gulf Coast. Carve out time for just the two of you and experience a whole different state of togetherness in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. If you're not sure how
to spend your time, here are 10 things that are perfect for a couple's getaway.
1. Stroll! A stroll along the beach at sunrise or sunset is the No. 1 activity at the beach. At sunrise, watch the sun break over the horizon as crabs skitter from the sand to the waves, ready for another day. At sunset, slow your pace, grab your honey's hand and pause as you watch the sun slowly descend into dusk. It's one of the most romantic spots on earth and it's here.
2. Take a dolphin or sunset cruise. Enjoy the beauty of nature while the wind ruffles your hair. Bring a jacket and snuggle beside your sweetheart as cool fall breezes blow gently over the waves.
3. Get some kitsch and souvenirs and have your photo taken inside a shark's mouth or next to a giant purple octopus. It's a fun way to remember your Gulf Coast weekend.
4. Enjoy an evening of great music. Many venues, like LuLu's, Live Bait and The Hangout, feature live music almost nightly. The Frank Brown International Songwriters' Festival will also be in full effect from Nov. 6 to 16.
5. Put adventure in your weekend with a trip on the Hummingbird Zipline at the Gulf State Park. You can also rent a kayak for two or a paddleboard while you're there.
6. Get hot! Reserve some time at The Hot Shop at the Coastal Arts Center in Orange Beach, the only public-access glass studio in Alabama, and create your own souvenir of your special weekend on the Alabama Gulf Coast.
7. Get it for free! Enter our Couples Getaway Pinterest Contest and you and your special someone could get your beach getaway for free.
8. Looking for seashells is a great way to while away an hour or two while you walk the beach and enjoy the fantastic scenery.
9. Stay in a cabin on Lake Shelby, in a high-rise over the beach or in a house with a view. The options are endless and most include views of the Gulf of Mexico, Little Lagoon or even back bays. Some of our romance getaways also include dinner and gourmet baskets.
10. Eat! The Alabama Gulf Coast is home to a vast array of great restaurants. From casual cooking to haute cuisine, we're sure to have a dish as tempting as the one sitting beside you in the car. Explore our eateries and enjoy the view.
Come on down and enjoy the beauty while you relish some extra time with your sweetheart.