Five Reasons to Spend Thanksgiving on Alabama's Beaches
Gulf Shores & Orange Beach
You'll give thanks for the blessings of friends, family and relaxation while enjoying your Thanksgiving beach getaway. The weather is mild, the beaches are beautiful and you can leave the holiday hassle behind. Here are just a few of the reasons to make Gulf Shores and Orange Beach the center of your Thanksgiving plans:
- The weather. Locals claim that fall is the best time of year in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. The sun and sand sparkle even brighter. The beach is beckoning to you with hot deals including Gulf-front condos and over-sized beach houses, in case you decide to bring your extended family.
- The golf. Take a day during the Thanksgiving break to tee off on one of the many championship golf courses that dot our coast. With more than 200 holes available for play, there's a course that's right for you. Enjoy a relaxing game on one of our courses designed by some of golf's biggest names, including Arnold Palmer and Earl Stone. Our pro shops can solve all of your golf needs and courses offer golf clubs for rent.
- The food. Want to try something different than turkey and dressing? Glance through our collection of tried and true recipes to add dishes like Crab Stuffed Mushrooms or BBQ Shrimp to your table.
- More food. Rather let someone else prepare your Thanksgiving dinner? Options abound from dinner at a Gulf Shores or Orange Beach restaurant or picking up a pre-made Thanksgiving Feast for your family and friends. Want to try something completely different? Take your covered dish and join the Flora-Bama at its annual Thanksgiving Potluck. Turkey and ham are furnished by the Flora-Bama for the dinner.
- The shopping. Get your holiday shopping done in one go ‘round with a trip to shopping centers like Tanger Outlets, The Wharf, Pelican Place at Craft Farms and San Roc Cay. Boutiques sprinkled throughout Gulf Shores and Orange Beach offer unique finds for those hard-to-buy-for people on your list.
Sensational Shopping on the Alabama Gulf Coast
Shop the Alabama Gulf Coast for fun, beach find, famous brands and more during your next Gulf Shores and Orange Beach vacation.