There’s nothing quite like a cool morning breeze gently blowing over the fairway at your favorite Gulf Shores golf course. Fall is an ideal time to play a round (or three) across the rolling greens on the Alabama Gulf Coast. But what makes fall so great? We’ve got five reasons to consider teeing off at the beach.
1. Weather. This one is a no-brainer. Not only is the temperature cooler than peak summer months, it’s also less humid – a great bonus for Alabama golf!
2. Fall golf specials. Days may be shorter during the fall, but the specials go long. Browse our Gulf Shores golf course specials for lodging discounts and stay-and-play packages. Call your favorite course for the latest deals on afternoon golf sessions and even group lessons.
3. Firmer courses. Did you know that as the weather gets cooler, the grounds firm up a bit if there hasn’t been much rain? You may see more roll on the fairways than you’re used to. Keep this in mind when choosing the club for your shot.
4. Less-crowded courses. In reality, the championship golf courses on Alabama’s beaches are spacious and offer plenty of room and playing time. However, the fall months are even better. Quiet seclusion and moderate weather paired with a few of your best golf friends makes for a perfect day on the greens.
5. Area events. While golf is the star attraction of your fall getaway, don’t forget to check out some of the unique festivals and events in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach during the shoulder season. Some of these fun events include The Wharf Uncorked Wine & Culinary Event, the 47th Annual National Shrimp Festival, the 2018 World Food Championships, and the 34th Annual Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival.
Browse Alabama Gulf Coast golf courses to find the one that best meets your skill level and golf style.