Celebrate Easter Weekend 2013 on the Gulf Coast
Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the…Beach Express? That's right, Easter weekend is right around the corner and wouldn't it be great to make some Easter memories in Gulf Shores & Orange Beach?
Imagine waking up to a breathtaking sunrise
on the beach and hunting for brightly colored eggs in the sand. Those chocolate bunnies will taste even better on a balcony overlooking the Gulf of Mexico.
There are plenty of activities planned the whole weekend for the entire family. From egg hunts, special worship services and Easter brunch, there's something for everyone at the beach.
Saturday, March 30
- Bear Point Civic Association in Orange Beach will host its annual Easter Egg Hunt at 1 p.m.
- Flora-Bama Lounge will hold its Easter Egg Hunt and Family Fun Day at noon. The hunt will be on the beach and, weather permitting, the Easter Bunny will make his appearance by way of parachute!
- You can see Easter come alive in lights at Wales West on Saturday from 3 to 9 p.m. Experience a train ride, egg hunt and the peep blaster!
Sunday, March 31
- Enjoy a memorable Easter Sunrise Service at the Gulf State Park beach pavilion at 6:30 a.m.
- The Hangout continues their Easter tradition with a sunrise service at 6:30. Breakfast will be on the menu following the worship service. An egg hunt for kids of all ages will begin at 11 a.m.
- Flora-Bama Lounge also offers Worship on the Water at 11 a.m.
- Lulu's at Homeport Marina will have an egg hunt at 2 p.m. and will also offer arts and crafts and a chance to meet the Easter Bunny.
This is only a sampling of the fun in store for the holiday weekend. For more activities and restaurants, check out the calendar of events, as well as the restaurant directory. Peter Cottontail would agree spending Easter weekend with your family in Gulf Shores & Orange Beach is a weekend to ‘dye' for! So BYOB (bring your own basket) and get ready for some fun!