Top Holiday Sporting Events on the Alabama Gulf Coast
November 17, 2016
The holiday season is just around the corner. To cap off a thrilling year in sports, the Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Sports Commission has even more events heading to the Alabama beaches, so plan your getaway accordingly.
- How about a helping of football to go with your turkey this Thanksgiving weekend? Cheer on youth football teams from across the country as they compete to take home the title in the 2016 Gulf Coast Youth Football Classic. This tournament will take place November 23 through 27 at the Gulf Shores Sportsplex.
- On November 26, work off those Thanksgiving calories as you participate in the 2016 Kaiser Realty by Wyndham Vacation Rentals Coastal Half Marathon and 5K Run. The whole family can participate no matter the fitness level. Choose a 1 mile fun run, a 5k, or a half marathon. You'll enjoy running on the scenic trails through Gulf State Park, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
- Collegiate athletes will be competing at the 2016 NAIA Women's Soccer National Championship in Orange Beach from November 27 through December 3. You won't want to miss a moment as sixteen teams from across the country vie for the NAIA Championship title. The quality fields of the Orange Beach Sportsplex will be the setting for this week-long event featuring dribbles, kicks and goals.
- More soccer will be kicking off on December 3 and 4, when the 2016 The Challenger Soccer Cup rolls into town. Fall travel soccer teams U8-U18 will play Saturday and Sunday in this tournament at the Orange Beach Sportsplex.
- The last event on deck this year will be held December 10 and 11. Grab some peanuts and Cracker Jacks and head to the Orange Beach Sportsplex for the 2016 USSSA Hall of Fame Weekend.