1. The Yard - Be prepared to say WOW when they hand over your milkshake creation at The Yard. Known for being featured on Shark Tank in 2019 this newly formed local business cut a deal with Mark Cuban and has been a hit with locals and vacationers from all over! Their desserts are truly a work of art, and each one is handmade to perfection. From unicorn and rainbow treats to chocolatey mountains of fudge, there are more than 25 flavors of ice cream to choose from. Be sure to snap a picture with your creation. The folks at home are going to want to see this!
2. Yumm Twister Cake Factory – Try a new and exciting type of dessert in the states that is “yummily” famous in Hungary and Romania. This warm twister cake treat is baked fresh to order and resembles an ice cream cone. The cone-shaped bottom is filled with your choice of ice cream and topped with ingredients such as Nutella, Oreos or nuts. Say hello to a warm, dreamy dessert that everyone will enjoy.
3. Kayden's Candy Factory - Dessert and wine? Why yes! At Kayden’s Candy Factory enjoy homemade candies, donuts and wine tastings. This is the perfect after dinner treat. After indulging your sweet tooth, make sure to load up on candy to go for friends and family at home! They will thank you – trust us.
4. Matt’s Homemade Alabama Ice Cream - When looking for some good, old-fashioned ice cream, Matt’s Homemade Alabama Ice Cream is the place for you. Enjoy shakes, splits, floats and cones with your choice of 60+ flavors of locally made ice cream. Gather for a quick trip and truly enjoy the best homemade ice cream around town.
5. A Specialty Bakery & Party Shoppe – Celebrating something special while at the beach? A Specialty Bakery and Party Shoppe is your one-stop party shop. Specializing in birthday and wedding cakes and also providing all of the party supplies and balloons your heart could desire, there is no need to look anywhere else.
6. The Sugar Shack & Café - Serving lunch and dessert, The Sugar Shack & Café may be the ticket for the whole family. They offer great desserts, ice cream and an amazing collection of specialty candies. Their funnel cake fries will take you back to your childhood days at the county fair.
7. Hope’s Cheesecake – If you’re a fan of fresh dessert, then Hope’s Cheesecake is the place for you. Since 1996, the owners have been baking up fresh cheesecakes daily. With over 30 flavors to choose from, each cake is baked for two and a half hours in their specially designed ovens to create the PERFECT cheesecake. Every bite will melt in your mouth and you can truly “taste the difference!"
8. City Donut – Score bonus points with when you pick up a dozen (or more 😀) donuts from City Donut located in Orange Beach. With plenty of choices for toppings, everyone can find what they are craving at this dessert stop. Order lattes and fresh espressos for an added treat.
9. Chocolate Corner - Real butter fudge, homemade, chocolates, pecan caramel paws, OH MY! Stop in the Chocolate Corner for delicious chocolaty desserts that will truly indulge your craving for something sweet. Their beautiful candied truffles also make the perfect gifts. Build you own specialty giftbox as a take home treat! Bonus points if you surprise your co-workers with a box of chocolates before the next big meeting.
10. Lickin’ Good Donuts in Gulf Shores – The name really speaks for itself. Their specialty homemade donuts and savory pastry kolaches are truly lickin’ good. They offer everything from a simple glazed donut to a boudin kolache.
Life is short, eat the cake.