Sand between your toes, a breeze in the air and the sounds of waves on the shore . . . these are the things a hassle-free beach vacation is made of. Do you want more ways to keep your vacation hassle free? Check out these seven beach tips for easy summer living.
- Baby powder isn’t just for babies. Pack a travel-size container in your beach bag. Once you’ve made your way out of the sand, sprinkle your feet with the baby powder to help remove excess sand. After all, you’ll want the beach memories, but not the sand in your car.
- Pre-chill drinks and foods that will be in your ice chest. It’ll help keep them cooler longer and will also help ice stay frozen longer.
- A rolling cart with big, tough wheels can be essential if you have a lot of beach gear. It makes things much easier when transporting tents, chairs and toys to the beach and back. When bringing gear to the beach, remember that all items, including tents, must be removed by an hour after sunset to avoid being collected and recycled.
- Make beach life easier by bringing only the essentials. Beach chair and umbrella rentals are available in front of many beach condos. Inquire with your rental management company for information. You can even rent chairs and umbrellas if you’re condo doesn’t offer them.
- Bring a first aid kit or at least adhesive bandages and antibiotic ointment to treat minor cuts and scrapes.
- Consider using a fitted sheet for your beach blanket. Keep the corners in place with an ice chest, shoes or other weighty objects.
- Bring a bag for trash. It’s easy to drop your trash in the bins at the end of the boardwalk when you’ve collected it all in one bag.