101 Suggestions for Beach Fun
Do you have a beach bucket list? You know, it has all those things that you think will make your beach vacation perfect.
Some of our past Gulf Shores and Orange Beach visitors have a few suggestions for you to consider—101 suggestions to be exact.
If you are looking for fun activities on and off the beach during the fall, this list of 101 things to do at the beach is a handy resource for fun, adventure and even some relaxation. We are sure you’ll have personal favorites to add, but these ideas and experiences will certainly help jumpstart the planning for your next beach vacation.
1. Watch the magnificent Gulf Coast sunrise and sunset.
2. Take the family crabbing on the beach after dark.
3. Bring your sticks and play a championship golf course.
4. Have a picnic on the beach. Grab takeout from your go-to restuarant and spread a blanket on the sand.
5. Get married on the beach.
6. Take a sandcastle building lesson with Sand Castle University.
7. Pamper yourself with a spa day. It’s a great rainy day activity.
8. Dream about the day when you can move to the beach and never leave!
9. Check out a new-to-you restaurant.
10. Take a yoga class.
11. Take a Segway Tour with Coastal Segway Adventures.
12. Take the Mobile Bay Ferry from Fort Morgan across Mobile Bay to Fort Gaines.
13. Plan a progressive dinner with beachfront restaurants.
14. Play disc golf with the family.
15. Get a bird’s eye view of Gulf Shores from the Ferris Wheel at The Wharf.
16. Toss the pigskin around on the beach.
17. Take an early morning stroll on the beach before anyone else has left their footprints. You’ll feel as though the beach belongs to you!
18. Go birding. No matter is you’re an expert or a newbie, you’ll find some joy looking for different types of birds.
19. Try your hand at standup paddle boarding.
20. Kayak (or canoe) the Back Bay Blueway.
21. Explore area parks and get back to nature. How many plants and species of wildlife can you identify?
22. Take a family picture in the mouth of the giant shark at Souvenir City.
23. Be a happy camper!
24. Create something beautiful with a class at The Hot Shop at the Coastal Arts Center of Orange Beach.
25. Go fly a kite!
26. Walk on the wild side at the Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo.
27. Take a romantic sunset cruise.
28. Taste some wines at Red or White at The Wharf.
29. Go on a dolphin sightseeing boat.
30. Rent jet skis and hit the water!
31. Visit area museums and get up to speed on Gulf Coast history.
32. Read a book beside the water. It’s so relaxing.
33. Rent a boat and cruise over to Pirate’s Cove.
34. Take family photos. The backdrop is always perfect on the beach.
35. Play in the sand. Get out those pails and shovels and play!
36. Look for shells.
37. Splurge on a beach chair or bring your own and just hang out.
38. Visit a local restaurant with live music.
39. Explore Fort Morgan. Sneak in a history lesson while having fun.
40. Take a nap on the beach, but don’t forget the sunscreen and/or an umbrella.
41. Grab your partner’s hand and walk the beach at sunset.
42. Walk the Gulf State Park Pier.
43. Have your coffee on the beach. It’s a game changer.
44. Suck down a Bushwacker…or two.
45. Dance on the beach! Don’t worry, no one is watching.
46. Take a different kind of tour like The Dolphin & Wildlife Kayak Experience with Wild Native Tours.
47. Be a kid again and ride go-karts at The Track Fun Park.
48. Take the gang deep sea fishing.
49. Rent a cat boat with Orange Beach Cat Boat Tours.
50. Duck in and out of all the funky souvenir stands.
51. Go snorkeling or diving with Down Under Dive Shop.
52. Change your habits and rent a beach house.
53. Enjoy the rides and thrills at Adventure Island in Orange Beach.
54. Take a helicopter tour with Lost Bay Helicopters.
55. Surf fishing is fun!
56. Have evening cocktails at the iconic Flora-Bama Lounge.
57. Rent a bike and peddle the coast.
58. Take a hike on a nearby trail.
59. Learn the art of weaving at The Coastal Textile Center at Clara's Loom.
60. Take a Bath Boldly Class at High Cotton Bath Company at The Wharf.
61. Eat, drink and play at LuLu’s Gulf Shores.
62. See what’s on tap at Big Beach Brewing Company.
63. Fish for your dinner and have a cook your catch kind of day.
64. Visit nearby OWA for good, clean fun with theme park attractions.
65. Take your pooch to a dog park.
66. Try your hand at beach volleyball.
67. Soar above the beach on a parasailing adventure.
68. Have an after-dinner drink and sing karaoke at Pink Pony Pub.
69. Check out the bargains at Tanger Outlets in nearby Foley.
70. Visit the Welcome Center for information and free red filter stickers to cover your flashlights for nighttime beach walks.
71. Make sand angels.
72. Find the best selfie spots.
73. Enjoy the SPECTRA Laser Light Show at The Wharf.
74. Grab a skim board from a souvenir shop and take on the tide.
75. Bring a frisbee and have some fun.
76. Star gazing really is a thing.
77. Join the electric bicycle craze! Rent one from Pedego.
78. Make a pit stop at The Chocolate Corner in Orange Beach for fudge and other delicious treats to nosh on while sunset watching.
79. Enjoy a quiet cruise aboard an electric boat with Anonyme Cruises.
80. Follow a food trail. It’s a tasty way to get to know the area.
81. Look for flounder at the pass on west beach at night.
82. Bring your sketch book and find endless possibilities for drawing.
83. Pick up some dollar store glow sticks (they also come in bracelets) for fun after dark on the beach.
84. Pack bubbles for the beach and watch the kids’ excitement.
85. Relax and pop in those ear buds to jam with favorite tunes.
86. Indulge in a Chocolate and Wine Pairing at Kayden’s Candy Factory.
87. Grab a pole and fish from the pier. (With a license of course.)
88. Explore the woodlands and wetlands of the Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trail.
89. Bring a beach tent and let the kids play in the shade.
90. Chill your tastebuds with a spectacular milkshake from The Yard.
91. Let the kids swim off some energy at Orange Beach Waterfront Park.
92. Engage in a friendly competition of mini golf at Pirate’s Island Adventure Golf.
93. See more than 450 alligators at Summerdale’s Alligator Alley.
94. Indulge in fresh, Gulf seafood.
95. The whole family will love the magic of Brandon Styles at downtown OWA in Foley.
96. Take a spin around the back bay with Cruisin’ Tikis in Orange Beach.
97. Call Ike’s Beach Service and schedule a banana boat ride.
98. Check out the public beach areas in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
99. If you’re bringing the motorcycle to the beach, check out some prime routes to ride.
100. Pick up a new hobby with a visit to Civil Axe Throwing.
101. Journal. Sitting on the sand, sipping something fruity and breathing it all in is the perfect setting for writing in a journal.
Remember to take a peek at the special offers section of our website where you will find deals on lodging, restaurants and even activities.