Girlfriend’s Guide to Shopping Alabama Beaches
When I’m on vacation, especially a girlfriends’ getaway, shopping is high on the list of things to do.
In Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, the shopping is phenomenal! Boutique shopping is an experience in itself! Take a day to window shop — oh, who am I kidding? Shop at the adorable shops and boutiques, savor local cuisine and pamper yourself with mani’s and pedi’s during a girlfriend getaway on Alabama’s beaches.
But who wants to research where to shop? That’s no fun! So, here’s my complete guide to shopping at the beach.
Shopping at The Wharf in Orange Beach
In the boutiques and shops at The Wharf you’ll find just about everything! With more than a dozen shops for kids, men and women’s clothing, you can update your wardrobe with southern style. Or, accessorize with jewelry and sunglasses.
Some of my favorite apparel and accessory shops at The Wharf are:
- Seaside Shoes and SWIM which offers shoes, handbags, artisan jewelry, beach accessories and gifts for those you left at home.
- The Orange Beach Store which offers casual, beachy clothes for the whole family, perfectly representing the relaxed vibe of this beachside destination.
- Utopia, which offers trendy and affordable items.
- The Bag Lady, where you’ll find ladies fashion accessories and gifts — jewelry, watches, shoes, candles, cover-ups, scarves, beach inspired gifts — and handbags, of course!
If you want that beach feeling all year long, shop for home goods and home decor, too. At High Cotton Bath Company, create your own beach-inspired scents for the bath. Then, when you go back home and reality seeps in, you can “escape” to the beach with a soothing bath that takes you back to the beach. Or, create a beachy getaway at home with decor and accessories from The Southern Grind Coffee House.
Of course, all that shopping needs “fuel.” With 16 restaurants at The Wharf, you’re sure to find the perfect bite.
- For breakfast or brunch, The Southern Grind Coffee Shop is a great place to start! They offer gourmet coffee, of course, and fabulous, made-to-order dishes. One of my favorite savory dishes is the avocado egg melt — satisfying, but not too heavy. For a sweeter bite, I recommend the pear and pecan cinnamon French toast.
- For a quick lunch, head to Blue Water BBQ Company, a cafeteria style eatery that serves food quick so you can get back to the action!
- For a more formal meal, my personal favorite is Villagio Grille with its Italia- inspired menu. Ginny Lane Bar & Grill features fresh, local seafood at its waterfront location.
- For a quick break from the shopping, enjoy a drink at Red or White Wine or at Island Time Daiquiris. Or, grab a sweet treat from Kilwin’s, Dippin’ Dots or the Sugar Shack.
Complete your day at The Wharf with some entertainment. With a movie theater, giant Ferris wheel, boat rentals and cruises, mini golf and live entertainment, you can take home more than shopping bags — you’ll have great memories, too!